About the Journal
Focus and Scope
International Journal of Algebra and Statistics is devoted to the publication of selected papers dealing with original research in Algebra and Statistics as well as topics in Mathematical Sciences such as Algebra, Group Theory, Lie Algebras, Logic, Combinatorics, Number Theory, Mathematical Analysis, Functional Analysis, Optimal Control, Algebraic Geometry, Algebraic Topology, Probability Theory, Statistics, Mathematical Problems in Sciences, Mathematical Economics, Mathematics Biology, and Computer Science.
In addition to research papers, the International Journal of Algebra and Statistics publishes proceedings of international conferences, survey articles, and book reviews. The Editors will put a strong emphasis on originality and applicability of the results. All manuscripts are strictly refereed and only papers of high quality are accepted for publication.
Should report novel data that lead to clear interpretations and are of high relevance. The following form should be used: Abstract (150: 250 words), Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, and List of references. Original articles should not exceed eight (8) printed pages including Figures, Tables, and References. Details are given in the Author guidelines.
Should give a comprehensive overview of recent developments in animal sciences. Authors are free to organize reviews in a way that fits best for their purposes. Nevertheless, we encourage the use of informative subheadings, as well as figures that illustrate the key conclusions. Moreover, authors are invited to include boxes with key questions and take-home messages. Review articles should not exceed thirty (30) printed pages including Figures, Tables, and References. Although we particularly encourage comprehensive reviews also shorter articles are welcome.
Pree Review Process
Peer Reviewing of articles is an essential part of the publishing process for scholarly work and is employed by all reputable scientific journals. It is an objective process that often provides useful feedback to authors and ensures that their work is presented in the best possible way. The Editorial Board of International Journal of Algebra and Statistics would like to take this opportunity of publicly thanking our referees, past, present and future, for giving us their valuable time and for their vital contribution to the success of this journal.
Initial Screening: Each manuscript is reviewed by a member of the Editorial Board, who may suggest referees if the paper passes the initial evaluation. Authors of papers rejected at this stage will be informed within about two weeks of submission.
Reviewing Process: The Editor may seek the advice of up to three referees, chosen in consultation with appropriate members of the Editorial Board, from among experts in the field of specialization of the paper. Referees are asked to comment on the originality and scientific correctness of the work and to note deviations from appropriate ethical guidelines, lack of references to the available literature, etc. A referee may recommend acceptance, perhaps following minor corrections; acceptance conditional on the successful completion of a more extensive revision; re-evaluation following a major revision that may involve extensions to the original manuscript; or rejection. The time taken by the reviewing process will vary, depending on such factors as the availability of appropriate referees, the number and nature of any requested revisions, etc., but every effort is made to complete this process as quickly as possible.
Confidentiality: The reviewing process is conducted in strict confidence and the identity of a referee is not disclosed to the authors at any point.
Final Decision: At the completion of the reviewing process the Editor makes the final decision to accept or reject the article. This decision is communicated to the corresponding author, together with any remaining feedback from the referees.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
International Journal of Algebra and Statistics holds the ethics of publication as one of its core values and as such, adheres strictly to internationally accepted publication ethics. To ensure compliance, IJAS employs the single-blinded peer-review process for all articles it reviews. The rationale for IJAS single-blinded peer review process is to validate the integrity and novelty of the research work. The peer-review process adopted by IJAS acts as a filter and increases the quality of research submitted for publication. This process also helps the authors to remove any errors or gaps in the manuscript mistakenly overlooked and assists in making the research more applicable in real-time.
Authors must confirm the following; that:
- Submitted manuscripts must be the original work of the author(s).
- Only unpublished manuscripts should be submitted.
- It is unethical to submit a manuscript to more than one journal concurrently.
- Any conflict of interest must be clearly stated.
- The sources of data used in the development of the manuscript are acknowledged.
- All errors discovered in the manuscript after submission must be swiftly communicated to the Editor.
- Reviewers are expected to evaluate a manuscript for critical analysis, comparative analysis, and most importantly for integrity and novelty of the research work.
Therefore, reviewers must confirm the following; that:
- All manuscripts are reviewed in fairness based on the intellectual content of the article regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of author(s).
- Any observed conflict of interest during the review process must be communicated to the Editor.
- All information pertaining to the manuscript is kept confidential.
- Any information that may be the reason for the rejection of publication of a manuscript must be communicated to the Editor.
Editors must confirm the following; that:
- All manuscripts are evaluated in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of authors.
- Information pertaining to manuscripts are kept confidential.
- Any observed conflict of interest pertaining to manuscripts must be disclosed.
- Editorial Board takes responsibility for making publication decisions for submitted manuscripts based on the reviewer’s evaluation of the manuscript, policies of the journal editorial board, and legal restrain acting against plagiarism, libel, and copyright infringement.